6.30.2008

Haciendera and Poor Yaya




I grew up with my grannies who owns around 30 heactares of farm lands located in Misamis Oriental(planted with coco,a kind of coconut that have red trunk as i called they called limbahon )mangoes , lanzones, almost all kinds of fruits and thousands of livestocks . when i was young i did not pay much attention to how rich could us be for i still went to a public school and mingle with the kids which my Aunts called Low class people. Everytime i went to the barrio plaza to play with the kids i always have my yaya with me. and when my Aunt knew about it my yaya covers me af if i was her own daughter. I did not even cared to thank her that time ( if only i could turn back the time). Everytime i went playing with the other kids, my Yaya would said: MGA BATA MO, AYAW MO PANGHAGAD UG DULA SA MGA HACIENDERAS (DONT PLAY WITH THE HACIENDERAS). when i asked her what is hacienderas? she told me "mga taong buotan" ( good people).

One day we went to the town market which is an hour ride from the farms or shall i say it Hacienda. It was an akward trip because along the way to the market i saw people murmuring, some were in panic. I could feel my Yayas hand grip tighter and then i heard Gun shots.. Bang!! bang!!!boom... i have to run, no i have to hug yaya.. where's yaya? somebody grab me from behind then i heard screaming, i heard another gunshots and i heard nothing..

i woke up in a hospital the next day. familiar faces came into my sights. there was my Tatay and Nanay whom been away for thier work that i couldint really tell what. then my Oyong (grandpa) and oyang (grandma). I wasnt hit by the bullet but i collapsed so the people brought me to the Hospital. i asked them where's my nanny (yaya). they said shes alright and shes at home resting..

I never saw my Yaya after that..

In School they told me that my Yaya and her boyfriend which was a member of the New Poeples Army (NPA) run away that time we went to the market.. I recieved a letter from her 5 years after. she told me that shes alright and she just gave birth to a girl.. she also send me picture or her and her family addressing me as her only haciendera. ( she meant good person though she cant really fool me now for i know the real meaning of it).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sad story happened to your yaya. Hope she is fine.


For more information Cancun Mexico Vacation

aisha said...

I enjoyed your post. It’s a lot like college – we should absorb everything we can but ultimately you need to take what you’ve learned and apply it.
2002 Chevrolet Astro Van AC Compressor