6.26.2008

Wasted Heaven


I was just invited as part of the KWAKNETZ association for a day tripping in Samal Island, Davao City. I was so excited for at least since 1998 during i could once again visit the old beautiful and tantalizing areas which i considered HEAVEN where we used to have picnics with my family.

We arrived at the junction of Samal and later then arrived at the exact place where we used to fish and play at the healthy corals. I saw newly opened two stores who may be doing business as I saw one corn thresher along the road. It seems that business middlemen started encroaching the nearby shores.

Being a photographer by training, i took shots of the nature and the terrains we passed by. Upon arrival, I took several photos with the trash scattered that are already present in the community. It was very alarming because even the water, it used to be so blue, now it have the touch of brown. My heart brakes in getting shots with sun-setting overshadowing the mountains of course walking along the ridges. It was the only beautiful spots or view that left.
The place i once called Heaven is now wasted.Justify Full


In the end, were it not the usual cracking of jokes by my friends that makes our day tripping travel lighter, it would have been a tiring one and heartbreaking. I just made myself available as a center of jokes to appease us. The travel was worth learning.



myLot

No comments: